Uma turned two on April 1 and April 2 marked our three months with Uma. The time has gone so very quickly. Uma is beginning to say alot more words now, and her comprehension is amazing!
She has chosen a book that she has me read to her each night before bed. It is the first time she is showing any interest in any book. I don't remember the name of it, but it is about babies and their mothers and the baby asks the mother, "do you love me, Mama?" Uma does not have the patience for the text because she does not yet understand the words, but she loves to have me point to the mother and say, "mama" and then to the baby and say, "baby." At the end of the book, I point to myself and say, "mama" and then to her and say, "baby." She also points to other items on the page and wants to know what they are. Once in a while, she will attempt to repeat the word. She just loves this book and has me read it to her again and again. She also loves to lay down in bed and cuddle and read this book. I really don't know how she knew to do that because she is the one who initiated it, but she loves to do that just before we turn out the lights. This has now replaced our old bedtime ritual of our playing with her musical toy before laying down.
Her sister, Ishana, is coming day after tomorrow. I have taken the week off of work (though my checkbook is not too happy about that!) and we are going to spend the time together as a family in nature. We will first go down to Encinitas to the Self Realization Center and Half Moon Bay, and then then next day we will go to Lake Cuyamaca and spend a couple of days there. If there is time on the way back we will go to the Wild Animal Park in Escondido.
Adhipen and I are all really looking forward to seeing Ishana. I have a secret worry in my heart about it, however. Ishana will only be here two weeks and then she goes home. While the three of us understand that Ishana lives elsewhere, I doubt that we can convey that to Uma. I just hope that when Ishana leaves, Uma does not interpret it as another person leaving her, which is what has happened to her all of her life up to now. She has not quite adapted to my going to work and has become much more clingy on the days we are together. She cannot stand it if I go into the next room! Other mothers tell me that their children were this way, and they were together since birth! So given that, overall, I think that Uma is doing amazingly well!
Apr 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment