Yesterday we received a devastating mail from Anne telling us that she no longer would be able to communicate with us. I had told our adoption agency about our concerns regarding Aakriti's emotional health during the time that Aakriti was pulling away from Anne. Since she has Failure to Thrive syndrome, and that can lead to cognitive damage, when she reacted this way towards Anne, we all, including Anne, became extremely worried.
Our agency expressed their concern to the orphanage who in turn got extremely angry at Anne for communicating with us. Apparently she is not supposed to speak to anyone outside of the orphanage about business within the orphanage, including and especially parents. I suppose that this is to keep problems from arising, which can happen when emotions are high (and they are about as high as they can get when you are waiting for your child and are powerless to do anything).
We are extremely sad about it because we were so enjoying the communication, not just because Anne is such a wonderful person, but also because she really was giving us a picture of what our little girl was like.
On Monday, we had received a wonderful mail from Anne telling us that Aakriti was doing well and that she and Anne had been spending alot of time together. Anne told us that Aakriti had gone from her second floor quarters up to the third floor, where Anne's bedroom is, and when Anne opened the door to go out, she was surprised to find our little Aakriti standing there waiting for her! Adhipen and I were so touched by this story. It made our whole day.
There is no doubt that we will miss our correspondence with Anne immensely! I used to leave my computer on at night just so that I could wake up early and check to see if Anne had written. She made our wait somewhat bearable giving us a beautiful light to look forward to, and now we are left in the dark again.
We were planning with Anne to get blankets for every child in the orphanage. We were also going to get each child's name sewn into it, so that he/she would have something that he/she owned by name and could cuddle up with at night. Anne had obtained permission from her superior and we were going to start a campaign whereby everyone we knew could donate one blanket. It would have been fun, and something wonderful to do. Now I do not know how to go about doing it without her. :(((
Really, we are extremely sad. I have tears in my eyes as I write this :(((((
Oct 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi...
I came over from ruby's blog. I am based out of delhi, india and if i could be of any help.. let me know. If you need me to visit uma or anything. i mean, it might sound random to you, but ... anyway, let me know. and by the pics you have posted, lovely child you have there :)
cheers~
Najla,
I am so sorry that this has happened. I hope that they will allow Anne to continue to communicate with you all. Be assured that you'll be in our prayers.
Ruby
Post a Comment